Thursday, March 24, 2016


It’s March 24. 
Today is “National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day.”  What fruit, in your opinion, goes best with chocolate?

Trivial Fact of the Day:   Roman physicians prescribed raisins for everything, from mushroom poisoning to old age.  They used the fruit as a panacea.**
Interesting Quote of the Day:  ““If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.”  --Alfred, Lord Tennyson (British poet)
**Vocabulary Word of the Day: panacea (noun) – this is a synonym for something that can serve as a remedy for all sicknesses or difficulties.  “Take two aspirin and call me in the morning” is an old-fashioned doctor’s panacea from years ago.  Is there a modern day equivalent to this old expression?

Terrific Thursday!!!
Today we are going to finish vocabulary Frayer models. The continue our review of the religions.
Have a great 3 day holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment